Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Can a nurse lose her license if she go to rehab?

I'm trying to help a friend who is addicted to cocaine. She is a nurse, but as far as what she tell me, she never has worked underneath the influence. She is worried that if she goes to a rehab she will lose her license. I thought the privacy perform would protect her. Please cite a source (so that I can show her) proof that she would not lose her license.Can a nurse lose her license if she go to rehab?
most places have team assistance programs.mine let me rehab and newly told my boss that i was away on resign from until i returned...if she doesnt get support she will lose her job soon anyway.addiction is frozen to hide.
I cant quote a source, but I am pretty sure HIPPA will protect her. Google HIPPA law.
An aunt of mine was a nurse and have a alcohol problem after her son died. The family be very unfold with the hospital and the hospital in reality had an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that help doctors and nurses go to rehab and disagree addiction and they got to save their jobs as long as they get passing test after the treatment for a period of time. You might want to check next to the hospital about it - if she is feeling like to get oblige for it. I do not know about illicit drugs since alcohol is legal - but I would regard as long as she is not stealing drugs from the hospital or being accuse of malpractice that her license could not be revoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment